Steps In Overcoming Masturbation FLOW CHART
October 11, 2012
October 11, 2012
1. The world is separated into two groups:
a. Those that masturbate
b. Those who do not masturbate.
2. The people that masturbate are separated into two groups:
a. Those that want to stop
b. Those who do not want to stop.
3. For people that do not want to stop masturbating it is recommended that they review the negative effects of masturbation and the benefits of healthy sexual relationships with the opposite sex.
4. For those that want to quit masturbating it is important to first make a decision and commitment to stop.
5. The most common method to end masturbation is to exercise willpower and self-control. Just don’t do it!
6. If willpower is insufficient it is important to increase willpower through diet, exercise, sleep, etc.
7. If willpower is insufficient try other methods like prayer, fasting, counseling, etc.
8. If other methods do not help you quit masturbating then review your journals to identify what is helping and what is not helping.
9. The most effective approach to stop masturbating is to combine multiple methods: Willpower, fasting, prayer, exercise, diet, counseling, etc.
10. Does combining methods work for you? If not then keep trying. Change your approach.
11. The last option available is to get married Take this step seriously. This is a real solution that is often overlooked. Develop your life and become attractive to the opposite sex in order to get married. Build up your mind, body, and social skills. Travel, take up sports, go to school, learn new languages, and enjoy your life. Obey the 10 commandments. Do this and you will become attractive. Getting married is a serious answer to stop masturbation. It is the natural and most obvious answer to fulfilling sexual desire. Marriage is not always perfect and does often face many problems but those problems are not as bad as an addiction to masturbation. As Martin Luther said, "Better an unhappy marriage than an unhappy chastity." Yes many people who masturbate are too young, too poor, or too immature to get married but marriage remains the best means to sexual satisfaction. A man was created to have sex with his wife and a woman was created to have sex with her husband. Some people can control themselves and stop masturbating but others are better off getting married. If they are able to marry they should follow the sound biblical counsel found in 1 Corinthians 7:9 "But if they do not have self-control, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with desire."